Fathers Day and home cooks!





Hey Brunchies!

Welcome back, Amanda here! I'd like to dedicate this post to the incredible home cook who in 268 days will be my father in law, Dave Soehner.

When I first entered Dave's family in 2013 we had this instant bond of food. Dave is so knowledgeable of many cuisines from all different cultures. He has taught me a lot about cooking, shared family recipes and gave Brendon and I a lot of amazingly useful tips for our own kitchen repertoire. Our whole family is beyond spoiled with all the tasty meals we get to indulge in.


Which brings me to our family Father's day celebration! 

***warning, potential food-gasm or instant urge to get up and cook may occur after the reading of this next section, food lovers beware!

On the menu today was an incredibly mouthwatering, perfectly seasoned and cooked to medium rare perfection..beef tenderloin. Can I just start by saying, YUMMY. 

The beef was cooked on a rotisserie grill outside on the deck where we could get whiffs of our dinner every time a breeze past through.
 
One half of this beautiful cut of meat was seasoned with roasted garlic, salt & pepper and the other half was blue cheese crusted. There was also a delicious home made Bearnaise sauce on the side. As I went to cut into the tenderloin I immediately realized that a steak knife was not necessary. This was so tender you could cut it with a spoon, no lie. Absolutely delicious! So delicious that when I went inside to put my plate away I caught two of the boys picking away at what was left in the kitchen! No leftovers for us today!!
The main course wasn't all that knocked our socks off! Along side every successful chef is their sou chef in this case its his wife.
My soon to be mother in law whipped up an incredibly light and airy grilled pineapple salsa with peppers and onions chopped in. There was also a show stopping baked potato salad with bacon bits. This was so tasty, the nieces and nephews definitely had seconds on this dish. Both side dishes were the perfect balance in flavor to the tenderloin. 
I have had a number of amazing meals sitting around this table but I have to say this one may be my very favorite.
Good food and family is a bond like no other. Being able to learn from someone who basically belongs on master chef or with the Bobby Flays and Gordon Ramsey's of the world is a really special thing. All the amazing dishes Brendon has  for prepared for me as a result of his dad's influence makes me the happiest, luckiest and most tummy satisfied girl in the world! 

Well that is  all I've got for today!  I just wanted to share this incredible meal experience with you all and I hope that it inspires you to branch out and cook more with your own families, learn those recipes and carry them down.

Happy Father's day weekends to all you dads and Paw-dre's out there until next time!

xoxo


Comments