Meal Prep for 2020 by Vanessa

Hi Brunchies Vanessa here and as this is the first post of the new year! 

New goals have been made that I wanted to share with you. Here are some great meal prep tips! This is something I’ve been doing on and off myself the past few years and I want to show you how easy meal prepping can be and how you CAN stick to it. 

I will give you my favorites to start!
 For breakfast I normally have eggs, with turkey or chicken sausage (Jones brand), and potatoes. I stumbled upon the best frozen bag of potatoes with peppers and onions by Ore-Ida. Saving yourself time cutting the potatoes and veggies is huge while meal prepping. If you’re not a peppers and onions fan there is also a bag of plain potatoes. I use 1 egg per day, 2 sausage links, and ½ the bag of frozen potatoes (measuring equally for each day). You can also use Scramblers, there are a few different kind I’ve found. There’s egg whites, southwestern, and original. I also season my eggs while cooking with salt, pepper, and onion flakes. For the potatoes I do add my own seasoning so it’s whatever you like I typically use garlic powder, onion powder, and salt & pepper.
You can also have 1 frozen waffles with natural peanut butter (I like crunchy), and fresh cut up strawberries or a protein smoothie. Dole has pre portioned out fruit in the frozen section all you need is vanilla protein powder of your choice, almond milk, and plain Greek yogurt. 

Now for lunches I always choose a vegetable, protein, and grain. This week I picked broccoli, lemon chicken, and steamable rice with quinoa and lentils. The nice thing about prepping the lunches if you like roasted veggies you can most likely make your protein and veggies together (this is what I typically do to save myself time). If you don’t like roasted vegetables you can cook them the way you would like! I preheated the oven at 400 then prepared my chicken and broccoli. For broccoli I cut it up and put it in a bowl, then put olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt & pepper and tossed it and places it on a baking sheet along with the lemon chicken. Baked that for 20-30 minutes. Here’s the link for the chicken found on Delish. As for the steamable rice I found that at Wegmans they have a variety to choose from so you can switch it up weekly. 

I hope this gives you a few ideas  and we would love to hear feedback on what you come up with too! Until next time brunchies  Xoxo 

https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/easy-healthy-baked-lemon-chicken








Comments