National Donut Day is here!


National Donut Day is here!

First place visited was Ridge Donut Café located on Portland avenue in Irondequoit. Today you will see a line out the door and I can see why! Not only because it’s National Donut Day but because they are releasing a new donut, Funfetti Birthday Cake.  I (Vanessa) grew up here in the Rochester area but have never been here until now.

How have I waited so long to try this place?! When you walk in you immediately smell the aroma of baked goods waiting for you to indulge. You can tell just how fresh the donuts are.  Today I got one red velvet, one chocolate topped cake, and one strawberry filled donut. I’m not usually a fan of jelly filled donuts but I have to say this strawberry white powered donut is a new favorite of mine!

Second place I visited was BoxCar Chicken & Donuts. Located down the street from the public market in downtown Rochester. They are not just celebrating national donut day here,  they decided to capitalize and make it national donut week! Boxcar has made six special donuts for this occasion Dunkaroo, Cosmic Brownie, Berry Glaze, Compost Cookie Dough, Vegan Chocolate Oreo, Cherry Pie, and along with their regular donuts. I got the Compost Cookie Dough and let me tell you O M G the cookie dough didn’t just have chocolate chips in it but there was peanut butter chips and pretzels! I’ll just say my taste buds were very happy. Remember as a kid you wanted those cosmic brownies at lunch? Well if so then this is the donut for you! Last but not least got one of the regular menu item donuts, the Cannoli donut. If you love cannoli’s I highly recommend trying this donut.  I brought one for Amanda to try and she couldn't say one bad thing about it!

Needless to say I recommend trying either if not both of these places! With their great ambiances and their affordable prices, how could you not!? 

Until next time brunchies!








Comments