Hosting the Holidays, Millenials on a budget



















Welcome back Brunchies, Amanda here...Merry Christmas!


We hope you all had an amazing holiday with your family.






This holiday season was a bit surreal for me. It was filled with a lot of very exciting firsts! My fiancé and I bought our 1st home this past summer and this year my parents passed the Christmas eve dinner hosting torch to us.
My parents hosted every holiday my whole life. They did an amazing job and everything was always perfect. Seriously not even Martha her self could compete with my dads holiday dinner table!
 Lets just say big shoes to fill! (no pressure).
I honestly could not have made my dinner party such a success without the help of my parents  so I'd like to dedicate this post to them!


Alright so where to even begin! I started out my planning process by communicating with my family via facebook event on who wanted to bring what. I provided main course and many apps!


On the menu for dinner was a prime rib roast. I was able to get a great deal on a 9 pound boneless roast at Hegedorns in Webster. I researched a lot of different places to order our roast and this one was definitely the cheapest at about 80 dollars and it served 12 with some left over! My big side dish comes from none other then Delish! I made a beer cheese stuffing and WOW it was amazing! I will be adding this to the menu for dinners more often. It took about an hour to prepare but was well worth the wait. If you love beer cheese fondue like I do then this recipe is for you!
Among the many other apps and sides that my family brought I made a Puerto Rican eggnog otherwise known as coquito. This is a five minute recipe, deliciousness guaranteed!


Now for the dinning table! everyone wants a standout table to impress their guests but these things are not cheap! I found a couple budget friendly hacks to use for years to come!
  • Are tacky folding chairs all you have to fit your extra guests around the table? No problem! Your local dollar tree can help you out with the most adorable Santa hat chair backs. I used my clothing steamer to get out the package wrinkles and they received many compliments.
  • Are you not quite at that point in your life where you own enough fine china to serve 20 well then amazon has got you covered! I ordered silver trim white plates, 20 salad and 20 dinner for under 20 dollars. These plates were classy, durable and the best part was not having to stress about hand washing. Here is the link for your next event. HOLIDAY PLATES
  • Does your room not have the holiday vibe? My dining area is cute but it definitely didn't have the holiday spirit yet! As most of my money went to other things like food and beverages I had to come up with a way to spruce the room on a budget.  Thanks to my parents they were able to hunt down some panel curtains that went with our holiday theme from Ollie's Bargain outlet. At under 10 dollars a panel you really cannot go wrong here! My wall décor was also in need of a little holiday cheer so the most simple thing I could think of was to wrap one of my pictures and put a bow on it. Simple, elegant and on theme, costing me nothing as I was going to use the paper anyways to wrap gifts.
  • Still feel like your room needs something? when in doubt add a Christmas tree! Amazon nailed the décor on a budget with this gorgeous 6.5 feet tall tree for 20 dollars.
I hope all this information is useful for you guys!
I just wanted to take a second to say a quick thank you for all your support in 2019! This is our last post before the new year and I really wanted to thank you all for reading! Doing this blog with Vanessa has been so much fun. We are so lucky to have loyal readers.
From us here at brunch lifestyle we hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

Until next time!
See you next year Brunchies!
Xoxo
Amanda










Comments