Take out favorites!



Welcome back Brunchies!








Amanda here! This week Vanessa and I really supported some of our favorite local businesses by taking a break from cooking and ordering out a couple of days of our Easter week.


I attended the most awesome fresh farmers market in Penfield at the Tree Town Café this past week. They took all the proper precautions to make sure their environment follows all social distancing requirements. I was able to shop and feel safe while getting some fresh air. They were also offering their normal cafe menu through a Togo window.  I’d definitely recommend this for veggies if your feeling uncomfortable in bigger supermarkets. This was such a great experience for my family!














I ordered some delicious take out this week as well! 




Thursday was a Ferrari pizza night! 
We ordered through the app grub hub, and received our order very quickly. Ferrari is one of my favorite spots for brick oven pizza among some of their other amazing menu choices.
 We got a classic pizza along with a chicken Cesar wrap. Needless to say there was no left overs! 
Ferrari’s is opened for takeout and delivery at their Chili location. 








Friday nights dinner was of course fish fry night! I know there are many places to get your Friday fish fry. However no one does it quite like Charlie’s located on Empire Blvd. in Webster. They have an  extremely efficient  quarantine takeout system, which made my Friday night pickup so simple. 
My beer battered fish fry with their amazing macaroni salad truly hit the spot.








Next up for Saturday lunch was some Asian style comfort food! A delicious bowl of pork ramen from a Park Avenue staple, Furoshiki. This restaurant is just one of those spots! If you know how awesome they are, you know. Their home made Asian cuisine is one of my favorites in the city. In addition to our ramen bowls, for an appetizer was a pair of delicious pork belly in steamed buns. 
You can order Furoshiki on grub hub, or to pick up! 








Last up for our Easter Sunday meal we ordered from one of my absolute favorite restaurants for brunch, lunch, dinner or even just a drink at the bar. Roam Cafe on Park Ave! 
We ordered a variety of food from meatballs, arancini, wood fire pizza, to the show stopping espresso martini! We called placed or order and had it delivered within the hour. 
This Easter wasn’t like any other one I’ve ever experienced, but I’m glad I got to at least enjoy and amazing meal with my favorite alcoholic beverage on the side. 
It really is the little things!
Roam cafe is open for takeout and delivery! Give them a try you won’t regret that choice. 












Vanessa also tried a few places! Here are her takes. 

Last weekend I ordered Simply crepes. This is one of my favorite brunch spots and I had been craving it! In the beginning of the pandemic they had been giving out toilet paper when you ordered from them. You can opt for delivery through grub hub or pick up. I ordered the mimosa to go and a sweet crepe with strawberries and added some banana. Simply crepes carries one of my favorite cold pressed juices, called Red Jacket Orchard. I personally love the strawberry but they also have raspberry and cranberry as options. With the mimosas to go you get a whole bottle of both champagne (32 oz) and juice. You can also order bloody Mary’s to go as well if that’s more your brunch style!








Happy Days on the Go is up next! This fun spot is located in Henrietta off East Henrietta Rd. They just opened at the beginning of April so we of course wanted to check it out for dinner. What’s nice about Happy Days is that it’s drive thru, walk up, or order ahead only. Opening this new restaurant during the weird times we’re living in right now is perfect marketing! They have everything from burgers and garbage plates to ice cream. I wasn’t too hungry so I decided to get a kids burger and fries along with a chocolate peanut butter milkshake and my boyfriend Matt got a cheeseburger plate. We both throughly enjoyed our meals and will definitely be back to order from there again! 







For Easter my family typically gets together for brunch. As I was saddened we weren’t getting together I decided to still do brunch at home. Matt grabbed the mimosa supplies and I got the food going in the crockpot. I made a super easy breakfast casserole there’s only a handful of ingredients needed!
You can find this recipe in the highlight “recipes” on our Instagram and pictures below! This recipe is always a hit with my family and you can’t go wrong. 




We already have a few places in mind for this coming week to order from to continue supporting local businesses!

Hope you all are staying safe! 
Until next time,
xoxo





















Comments