A little bit of Everything!



Welcome back brunchies! Vanessa here.


This past Sunday my mom and I enjoyed a relaxing morning at the spa! (Spa Elan) at the Woodcliff hotel. If you haven’t been there before I recommend going! From the moment you walk into the spa area you’re instantly relaxed. They offer special packages around the holidays and other occasions throughout  the year. Once we finished our spa treatments we went down to the restaurant, Horizons. It is located on the main level of the hotel for brunch.

Mary, a coworker and friend of ours has had nothing but great things to say about their brunch so
we had to check it out!
They start your experience off with a complimentary mimosa, Bloody Mary, or glass of champagne. They’re brunch is buffet style so you can go up as you please. For the spread of food they have everything from an fresh fruit to an omelet station and so many delicious desserts.

Mary said she’s not the biggest fan of omelettes but she asked them if they could do a soft scramble with goat cheese and sausage. She definitely recommends asking for something else if you’re like her and aren’t a omelette lover and don’t want regular scrambled eggs. We thought it was amazing how accommodating they are to their guests.
 I would have to say my favorite things I tasted were the potatoes and the brownie with peanut butter frosting. Unfortunately I didn’t get the name of this other item I really enjoyed as well. It had a crepe like texture with a cheesecake type filling. It wasn’t overly sweet just perfect with the berry drizzle over top. The potatoes were perfectly seasoned and had sautéed veggies which added another layer of flavor. The brownie was perfectly moist and the peanut butter frosting added a richness to it. They do change their menu the next time it could be a whole different spread.
 I wouldn’t say I would come here often because of the price but on a special occasion I would for sure visit again. I also would love to try their dinner. I have seen pictures and everything looks incredible!




 On Monday I met with two of my best friends at Pop Roc, located right off East Ave. This is a pretty cool spot for breakfast.
The ambiance is very fun inside.
 They have a video game room, a wall of comic books for sale, and art work from local artists!
The selection of cereals are some I’ve never even heard of which is pretty cool!
The menu has expanded since they’ve first opened they now serve waffles and not just your average waffles. You have a choice between Belgian, bubble waffles, waffle pops, and you can check their Instagram for the newest edition (or chefs special as seen on the menu). You can also enjoy hot cocoa, lattes, coffee, espresso, or Roctails. When I said unique I meant it I’ve never seen anything like Roctails before, these are energy drink moctails.
Today we ordered two of the Cookie Monster waffles which I saw on their Instagram and two Arkham Asylum lattes, Michelle and I have similar tastes if you couldn’t tell. Chris decided to get a bowl of Cookie Crisps because it felt nostalgic.
Though I’m not into comic books or video games I can’t wait to go back! This place was fun, kid friendly, and a what a completely different take on breakfast!

Until next week !
xoxo










Comments