Apples to apples



Hey brunchies!

We are back this week with our first edition of Getting down with Delish!
I have to say the 1st weekend of football was a success! Relaxation, family and great new recipes added to my repertoire. I love to cook and bake, but I'm no Rachel Ray or Martha. Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed with recipes and don't even want to attempt them. That is why I love Delish! Everything is simple, easy steps and amazing flavors. You feel like a real chef!

This week I was on quite the apple kick! I headed over to the farmers market located outside the Greece ridge mall. I was able to purchase apples and spices, among other things for the quarter of the price of what they sell at the grocery stores for my recipes!

I started the day out with Apple pie stuffed French toast. It was absolutely incredible! I honestly could not believe that I made it myself. The recipe was easy to follow and most of the ingredients I already had in my pantry. The most expensive thing needed for this recipe was the bread. The recipe called for brioche, I bought a loaf for $5.99 at Wegmans. I'm sure you could substitute this for a Texas toast, as long as the bread is thick enough that you can stuff the filling in it. If anyone knows of a cheaper place to purchase fresh brioche, please comment below!

I was able to buy fresh nutmeg at the farmers market for $1 and that added a whole other element of flavor to the dish. Over all cost wise, this dish does NOT break the bank.

Flavor wise, I just wish my stomach didn't get full so fast so I could have more!
The filling was so great, I knew it was going to be amazing from the aroma coming from the pan.

 You can put your own twist on it if you want too as well. I added a little chocolate syrup on top and it was the perfect finishing touch.
 If I could do anything differently, I think I would double the pie filling recipe so you could have something to put on top of your French toast as well..but that is my personal preference!

This was the perfect fall recipe, I will definitely make this again for my family.


Next up I made for a snack something I like to call an Apple pie pizza, but delish calls its Caramel apple crack! 
I had everything I needed in my pantry to make this delicious treat except for a tube of crescent rolls, which I purchased for a $1.50 at Wegmans. This recipe was beyond easy to make. It took about 5 minutes to prepare it and it went into the oven for a bout 25 minutes. I breaded the dough with brown sugar then I topped it with the apples, cinnamon sugar and a little caramel drizzle.
Everyone devoured this appetizer! It was as delicious as it was easy to execute.



I think our 1st week trying recipes was a success! Let us know if you give any of our suggestions a try by commenting below or by reaching out us through Instagram @brunchlifestyle!

Thanks brunchies! Until next time!

xoxo


Comments