Simply crepes & Shmegs






Hey there Brunchies!


This week we’ve got two reviews in one for you guys! Simply crêpés located on Schoen Place in Pittsford and Shmegs located off Buffalo Road in Gates.

Simply crêpés has been one of my (Vanessa) favorite spots since high school. Today we had a girls brunch and I brought along my mom and grandma. Every time I come here I typically get sweet crepes since I tend to have a sweet tooth.
When you first walk in you get a rustic chic vibe. To start us off I ordered a Red Jacket mimosa which is cold pressed strawberry juice and of course champagne! My grandma ordered a hot coffee. I have to say it’s unique to have cold pressed juice on the menu not many places around Rochester do this yet and it was delicious.
For our meals today my grandma ordered a crossiant with Nutella, my mom ordered a single strawberry crepe, and I ordered a Simply Strawberry Crepes topped with a side of blueberries. I always love that side order of blueberries just to add a little something extra to the crepe. I also really enjoy the hint of brown sugar and maple syrup, it adds just enough sweetness. It was my grandmas first time trying Nutella and she found it to be delicious with her croissant.
All in all I highly recommend trying out Simply Crêpés if you haven’t yet!



Next up!
My younger sister and I got checked out Shmeg’s! This spot has a different vibe with all the Knick knacks around the restaurant giving it a homey feel. We were sat right away which was great. We ordered the One Big Bad Griddle with blueberries, which is a huge pancake!!! Now when I say huge, picture 4 big pancakes in one! Not only was the pancake large, it was delicious and fluffy. It  just like the perfect pancake should be and of course I love those blueberries. Aimée enjoyed her fresh out of the oven bread Magique Toast (French toast) “French style”. As much as she enjoyed her French toast she wished the crust of the bread wasn’t so hard, but that’s to be expected with that type of bread used.
Overall we both enjoyed ourselves here and would both come back and try something different.


Until next week brunchies!
xoxo












Comments