Kainos Review

Opa!! Brunchies!!


This week we tried somewhere that newly opened in Corn Hill on Exchange Blvd, Kainos! Kainos is located right next to the Rochester classic, Tony D's. The vibes in the restaurant as we walked in were impressive. It was bright and decorated tastefully for the theme, which is authentic Greek cuisine. One of my personal favorites!


We walked through the restaurant and onto the patio for a very beautifully scenic brunch. We had a view of the river and the iconic Frederick Douglas- Susan B. Anthony memorial bridge, which on a beautiful spring morning you absolutely can't beat it!



On the menu today! We had the Saganaki breakfast which had seared Kesseri cheese, two eggs, toast, peppers and onions. The cheese was definitely the star of this dish. It had great flavor and it was crispy like a pizza crust. Next up was the Souvalaki breakfast. Which had our choice of marinated meat, two eggs, toast and potatoes. I had to go with the lamb, because when in a Greek restaurant how can you not try the lamb!? I am so glad that I did. I love lamb, and this was seasoned perfectly and the meat was very tender.
Along with a couple traditional mimosas and coffee we had a very pleasant morning at Kainos!



A bit of feed back...
This restaurant is still very new and I'm sure is still working all the kinks out!
  • I felt like the presentation of the food didn't measure up to the ambiance that is Kianos.
  • There was no sign of any alcohol options on the menu. We had to ask our server, and were only offered mimosas. I'm still not sure if they offer any other boozy breakfast drinks. The mimosas we got were huge, which was exciting! I will say that this was the first time I have ever had a mimosa with pulp orange juice..(personal preference, just not my thing)

Over all this was a fun experience! I look forward to coming back in a couple months when they are more settled in to their new location. The manager came by to our table and was very kind. We would love to see what their dinner menu has to offer as well!
I would give Kianos a shot for sure, we will be back!
Until next time brunchies!!
xoxo



Copy of Kainos Breakfast Menu (1)
Copy of Kainos Breakfast Menu Back










Comments